PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
International Vaccine Institute (“we”, “our”, “us” or “IVI”) collects and processes personal information for the Global Training Hub for Biomanufacturing (GTH-B) (the “course”). This notice describes how we collect and use your personal information in the context of your registration for the course, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
It is important that you read this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information and what your rights are under the GDPR.
Unless otherwise indicated, IVI is the organization responsible (or “data controller”) for processing your personal information described in this Privacy Notice.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The GDPR defines “personal data”, or “personal information”, as any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information:
Information You Provide:
- Registration information:
- Family name, First name,
- Primary email address, Secondary email address,
- Nationality, Gender, Date of birth, Country of residence, and Mobile phone number (including international and area code)
- Application information:
- Passport number (only for offline participants),
- Institutional information – Name of the institution, Size of the institution, Type of the institution
- Participant’s information – Job title in the institution, Educational background, Travel related information
- Questions to Participants – Learning preferences and applicability of the training program
- Questions to Institute – Institute’s needs of the training program and related impact, Brief description of participant’s selection process
You may decline to provide us with your personal information, but please note that we may not be able to provide the services you have requested without certain personal information. For example, if you do not provide required registration information then we will not be able to register you for the course.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To evaluate your application to the course.
- To deliver information about training courses and the follow up activities after the course.
- To send you IVI emails and newsletters.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We will use your personal information when we have a valid legal basis, including when:
- We need to take steps at the request of applicants prior to providing training programs.
- You have consented to our use of your personal information, for example to send you marketing communications
- We need to comply with a legal obligation.
- We or a third party have a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and those interests are not outweighed by your interests and fundamental rights.
We may share your data with third parties in or outside the EU to comply with our legal or contractual requirements or to pursue our legitimate interests in connection with the course.
If such a recipient is located outside of the European Union and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in a country that is not recognized by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of data protection, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure when it is transferred outside of your home country, in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In the following circumstances, your personal information will be retained for longer than the specified periods:
- as required by law or court order;
- as needed to defend or pursue legal claims.
In certain circumstances we will anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we use such information without further notice to you. Once the course ends, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction and/or deletion of the personal information.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information, or object to that processing
- Request receipt or transmission to another organisation, in a machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to us
We need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal information, please contact Ms. Miryung Yoon (GBMWT.email@example.com) and we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. You have also the right to complain directly to the relevant data protection authority.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Ms. Miryung Yoon (GBMWT.firstname.lastname@example.org). Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
ENQUIRIES ABOUT THIS NOTICE
If you have any questions about this notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact Ms. Miryung Yoon (GBMWT.email@example.com).
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this notice at any time without prior notice, and we will notify you when we make any material updates.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: GBMWT.firstname.lastname@example.org